Saturday, 31 December 2011

What a Year! Reflections on 2011

☀I didn't sleep much this year. But that's OK - because I accomplished all I wanted to and more. There wasn't really time for sleep!


Here are the highlights:


☀I got to attend the birth of my new niece. It was a terrific display of courage on part of my sister who had a successful VBAC. So glad I could be there to witness it.


☀My little man started walking and talking this year. He is a happy, healthy ball of energy. Watching him grow and learn makes my heart soar!


☀I started Ancient Winds Jewelry making rustic custom and inspirational jewelry. It has quickly become very busy. I taught myself everything I know about metalsmithing; of this I am very proud!




☀I was able to re-visit a favorite childhood vacation spot on the Canadian west coast with my entire family this summer. It was awesome.


☀I started a Ancient Winds Naturals, a natural body care company, with a dear friend of mine that has proven to be a hugely popular, right out of the starting gate!






☀And, finally, I found the courage to start a blog. I was scared to talk about lots of topics that I have covered this year, mainly circumcision, as it is so taboo to discuss it. I'm so glad I took the chance and I am a proud intactivist. When I was really questioning putting myself out there in this way, a friend of mine said to me, 


'we don't get this life for long...it goes by so very fast and after we have children this comes to light even more. We must speak up and be the voice for those that cannot use theirs yet!" 


She was right and I haven't looked back since. Instead of being received with controversy (which I had expected), I have been received with almost nothing but love and gratitude. Many  people have shared my blog with friends and family as a way of starting a conversation on some difficult topics. The feedback that many have shared with me has made me feel so validated and grateful.


I have a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes on my back and love in my heart. I feel good in my own skin, I love this journey I'm on and the people who are sharing it with me, who I learn from everyday.


I am overflowing with gratitude for all of these blessings and I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for me.


All the best to you and yours in 2012! May it be your best year yet:)

With gratitude,

Lori

Connect with me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AncientWindsNaturals
http://www.facebook.com/AncientWindsJewelry





2 comments:

Luv ya Lori! What a wonderful year it's been. And as a friend of ours said yesterday "things are about to change..." Can't wait to see what 2012 brings for you and for us as a team. My kindred spirit! - Raquel
 
Right back atcha Raquel! I'm really excited to see where our business takes us this year. I'm so grateful to have you as a friend and business partner!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...