Saturday, 9 July 2011

Life's Storms Build Character

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” ~John Ruskin 

I suppose this kind of philosophy can be applied to life too. The stormy times aren't always easy to handle, but they help to build our character, remind us how strong we really are and how kind others can be when they reach out to help us.
Here are some crazy stormy skies I captured this week. I am choosing to take this particular stormy day to stay inside in my sweats, get caught up on some bookkeeping and snuggling up with my little guy and perhaps a good book.

A little sprinkle of rain to water the grass and garden, and fill the rain barrel would be great too:)

With gratitude,
Lori

4 comments:

Those sky pictures are seriously amazing! Those are some craaaazy looking clouds! Sea Marie
 
I know I prefer sunshine and good times but it is true that the other times help us appreciate the good.
 
Woah! That's crazy! I love the clouds! It looks like white and grey sand dunes... :)
 
Those clouds were unlike any I've ever seen for sure! Thanks Mother Nature for the fantastic views!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...